Asbestos Awareness Refresher Training
The UKATA Asbestos Awareness refresher training is a 2 hour course. Any delegate receiving UKATA Asbestos Awareness Refresher Training will continue to receive a traceable UKATA certificate displaying the annual expiry date which will indicate that training has been received to anyone requiring proof.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 10 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.
On completion of this course delegates will identify:
• The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke:
• The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACM's in buildings and plant;
• The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, eg an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace;
• How to avoid the risks from asbestos, eg for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACM's are not present
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh