Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
This qualification is for learners who wish to demonstrate and develop their skills and knowledge in managing health and safety for the workplace. They will have an autonomous role in their organisation for managing health and safety policy and practice. They will report direct to or be part of the senior management team. Learners will recommend and implement changes relevant to their role. They will be aware of cost implications and budgetary control.
Enables learners to progress into employment, higher education, management qualifications or to qualifications offered by:
This qualification requires that assessment of the learner’s performance must be planned to take place in the workplace and that observation should be of naturally occurring practice within the learner’s work role. This will include demonstrating practical application of knowledge. Simulation is not allowed, unless otherwise stated.
- reflect how the learner carried out the process
- be the product of a learner’s work
- be a product relating to the learner’s competence
- be supported by a reflective account, unit summary or other suitable account demonstrating knowledge of the unit requirements.
To achieve the Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, learners must achieve all units in the qualification. Note that the assessment for unit 605 Professional development and ethics in health and safety practice requires evidence to be collected over a period of 12 months.
Unit 601 Health and safety emergency procedures
Unit 602 Health and safety audits
Unit 603 A positive health and safety culture in an organisation
Unit 604 Organisational health and safety policy
Unit 605 Professional development and ethics in health and safety practice
Unit 606 Systems monitoring and risk control
Unit 607 Organisational health and safety strategy
- complete a portfolio of evidence covering all the assessment criteria for each mandatory unit (note: all units in the qualification are mandatory)
- successfully complete an assignment for unit 605 Professional development and ethics in health and safety practice.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh