- Course Description
- Aims/objectives, structure and outcomes
- Who is this course suitable for?
What is the importance of a healthy lifestyle?
In this modern world, living a healthy lifestyle comes with challenges. Long working hours in sedentary jobs mean less time to cook fresh healthy meals and less time to be physically active. This lifestyle has led to an increase in access to fast, convenient and processed foods which results in an increase in deaths from noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) such as stroke, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, chronic respiratory diseases and mental health and neurological disorders. The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that 41 million people die each year from NCDs – which is 71% of all deaths globally. Living a healthier lifestyle is an important factor that could help to prevent an individual from developing any of these conditions.
What are the benefits of living a healthier lifestyle?
As highlighted above, a long term benefit of a healthy lifestyle is helping to prevent certain chronic diseases. Some other long and short term benefits of living healthier include:
- Weight maintenance and increased muscle strength
- Benefits to mood and self-esteem
- Improved memory
- Increased energy
- Stronger bones and teeth
- Increased longevity
What is Healthier Living online training?
As part of the Wellbeing pack, this Healthier Living online courses describes the benefits of a healthier lifestyle. The course focuses on the following four aspects of healthy living:
- Physical activity
The Healthier Living course discusses excessive alcohol consumption, tobacco use and the associated risks, along with offering techniques to help you quit smoking and reduce your alcohol consumption. A healthier lifestyle is critical for your physical health, as doing so can reduce the risk of developing an NCD and can increase your overall health and wellbeing.
Please note that this course is not designed to replace the advice of a medical health professional.
- Suitability: All audiences
- Experience: No prerequisites required
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Assessment: Online final test
- Teaching method: Online
Aims/objectives of Healthier Living training
Using up-to-date information from the World Health Organization (WHO), British Heart Foundation and the National Health Service (NHS), the course aims to provide delegates’ with an understanding of healthy living to help them gain the confidence to make changes to improve their health.
Healthier Living course objectives:
- Outline the benefits of healthy eating, hydration, physical activity and sleep
- Describe the risks to your health if nutrition, hydration, physical activity and sleep do not meet recommendations
- Explain the risks to your health regarding excessive alcohol consumption and tobacco use
- Describe how you can make small changes today to move towards a healthier lifestyle
Structure of Healthier Living training
This Healthier Living training courses uses interactive learning to help delegates develop their understanding of healthy lifestyle changes and unhealthy behaviours. The course also offers practical tips on how to start living a healthier lifestyle.
Healthier Living course outcomes
Upon completion of the Healthier Living online course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of eating healthy, hydrating, being physically active and good-quality sleep
- Identify the risks to your health if you do not meet health recommendations, along with excessive alcohol consumption and tobacco use
- Incorporate small changes into a daily routine for a healthier lifestyle
Who is Healthier Living training suitable for?
Healthier Living training is ideal for anyone who wants to increase their understanding of behaviours that contribute to a healthy lifestyle. If you would like to gain some ideas on small changes you can make to start living healthier, this is the course for you.
Overview – Healthier Living
Main sections in Healthier Living online training include:
- Course introduction
- Nutrition and exercise
- Tobacco, alcohol and sleep
- Final test – 10 questions with a pass rate requirement of 70%
Once you have completed this 25 minute Healthier Living course and passed the final test you will be able to download and print your completion certificate.
Looking to book online Healthier Living training for over 20 people? Use the form below and we’ll get back to you with a quote.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh