- Course Description
- Aims/objectives, structure and outcomes
- Who is this course suitable for?
What is the importance of effective communication?
Communicating is important to all aspects of life as it enables us to transfer and understand information between each other. Communication helps to bridge the gap between individuals and groups through this transfer of information, improving operations in both your personal life and business by helping with the social interaction of people.
Effective communication can help you to get your message to others, build meaningful relationships, help you to be understood well by others, and interact positively with those around you.
Types of communication
There are three main ways in which we communicate with others. These include spoken word, for example on the phone or face-to-face; through written word, such as through emails or letters; or non-verbally, through facial expressions, tone of voice and body language.
How to improve your communication skills
There are many ways to improve your communication skills, some of which will be covered within this training. For example, understanding how your nonverbal communication aligns with your verbal message and practising speaking, writing and listening to others.
Furthermore, another important part of communication covered within this training is emotional intelligence. This is your understanding of, and ability to cope with both yours and others’ emotions, and it is something that can be understood through four main areas. Abilities to strive in all four areas is often linked to leadership skills, the ability to manage stress and increased positive relationships both within work and outside of work.
- Suitability: All audiences
- Experience: No prerequisites required
- Duration: 70 minutes
- Assessment: Online final test
- Teaching method: Online
Aims/objectives of Communication Skills training
This Communication Skills training aims to increase delegates’ understanding of the different forms of communication, skills to improve communication, including listening skills and emotional intelligence, and identify barriers to effective communication.
Communication Skills course objectives:
- Explain how communication can be in many forms, like verbal and nonverbal, the usefulness of effective communication and how it can impact your professional and personal life.
- Explore how to select the most effective type of communication, the obstacles to successful communication such as personality, perception and culture, and how to overcome these.
- Describe the 7 Cs of communication, and how these can be integrated.
- Discuss how to improve your listening skills and develop your emotional intelligence.
- Identify what nonverbal cues are, and how these can impact upon communication.
Structure of Communication Skills training
This Communication Skills training course uses active learning to help delegates develop their understanding of the different communication types, tools to help them improve their personal and professional communication and how to overcome barriers to communication.
Communication Skills course outcomes
Upon completion of the Communication Skills online course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the usefulness of effective communication and how it can impact your professional and personal life
- Identify the barriers to effective communication and how to overcome these
- Describe and implement the 7 Cs of communication
- Become a more effective listener and will have developed their emotional intelligence
- Identify nonverbal cues and their impact upon communication
Who is Communication Skills training suitable for?
Communication Skills training is ideal for anyone who wants to increase their understanding of effective communication, learn and incorporate new skills to become an effective listener and overcome the barriers to communication.
Overview – Communication Skills
Main sections in Communication Skills online training include:
- Course overview
- Verbal communication
- Nonverbal communication
- Final test – 10 questions with a pass rate requirement of 70%
Once you have completed this 70 minute Communication Skills course and passed the final test you will be able to download and print your completion certificate.
Looking to book online Communication Skills training for over 20 people? Use the form below and we’ll get back to you with a quote.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh