What is an ozone tester and what is it used for?
An ozone tester is used as part of the disinfection procedure for a wide range of water treatment systems. Providing a rapid and accurate method of analysis, the test kit determines the concentration of ozone residuals up to a level of 2.0mg/l, which is important for controlling the purity of the water within the system, as well as to ensure that the ozone has been completely removed. It is also often used in conjunction with bromine and chlorine disinfectants.
How does an ozone test kit work?
The ozone test kit uses the internationally recognised DPD method to test for disinfectant residuals and conduct ozone measurements across a wide range of mediums. The test works by measuring the intensity of the colours produced by the DPD reagents, before calculating and displaying the test results directly in milligrams per litre.
To obtain accurate results, please adhere to the following procedure:
- Rinse the test tube with the water sample, leaving two to three drops of sample in the tube
- Add one DPD No.4 tablet by crushing and filling to the 10ml mark
- Gently invert the tube to remove any bubbles from the inner walls
- Select the Phot25 setting on the Photometer
- Take the Photometer reading
- Interpret the results, which are representative of the ozone residual in milligrams per litre.
What are the benefits of using an ozone test kit?
Known for its simplistic, easy to use design, the ozone tester provides efficient, accurate and stable ozone measurement levels. Compact, durable and waterproof to IP67 standards, the handheld ozone meter operates in water between the ranges of 0 to 50 degrees Celsius and features a long cuvette path length to deliver a high standard of resolution at low levels.
Where can testing for ozone levels in water be carried out?
The ozone test kit is ideal for field operatives measuring levels of ozone in cooling water, process water, drinking water, wastewater and bottled water treatment, as well as within swimming pools and spas.
A full specification for the ozone test kit can be found below:
- Measuring System: Dual LED source, direct reading colorimeter
- Instrument Range: 0 – 3 mg/L Ozone
- Display: High clarity LCD with backlight
- User Interface: Blank, read, function and power keys
- Data Storage: Last 10 results
- Size (WxLxH) & Weight: 65 x 150 x 40 mm, 200g
- Power supply: 2 x AA batteries.
The ozone test kit comprises a compact ozone meter, two test tubes, a test tube brush, stirring rods and reagents.
Please note that a build-up of dirt or deposits may interfere with the accuracy of the ozone test kit by interrupting light transmission and affecting readings. As a result, it is extremely important to ensure that the ozone tester is regularly cleaned and any remaining deposits removed. The internal surfaces of the optics should be gently cleaned with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, while deposits can be removed using a slightly dampened cotton bud.
The ozone test kit is available for purchase via credit/debit card, as well as Apple and Google Pay. Please contact us if you would like to pay via bank transfer or raise a PO.
If you are interested in finding out more about ozone testers or how SOCOTEC can support you with its wide range of Water Treatment & Hygiene services, click here or check out our FAQs on ozone water treatment. Alternatively, contact us using this link.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh