Paediatric First Aid / Level 3 Award in Early Years
Please note: This course is limited to a maximum of 6 delegates per course.
This course will provide theoretical and practical training in the essential skills of first aid for childcare workers. This course covers the criteria stated in the OFSTED document 'Guide to Registration on The Childcare Register' published in June 2010 will provide theoretical and practical training in the essential skills of Basic Life Support as defined in the Resuscitation Council UK Guidelines 2005.
To register as a Childcare provider, you must either hold a valid First Aid certificate that conforms to the requirements set by OFSTED or be working in non-domestic premises where others are trained. It is best practice to receive these essential life skills and anyone working with children would benefit from this course.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
• Plan for first aid emergencies:
• Deal with emergencies such as:
• Anaphylactic shock and Epi-pens
• Electric shock
• Burns and scalds
• Head, neck and back injuries
• Eye injuries
• Bites and stings
• Effects of extreme heat and cold
• Febrile convulsions
• Medical conditions including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell, diabetes
• Meningitis and other serious sudden illness.
Ongoing assessment throughout the course with practical assessments and theoretical tests.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh